Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by virtas <pk...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/21 14:23:18 UTC

Re: Import From MYSQL database

You need to look into actual logs of the system. There you will see more
details why import failed.

check tomcat or jetty logs

Re: Import From MYSQL database

Posted by do3do3 <do...@hotmail.com>.
i really try to index tables with english keywords in mysql database but
fail, and also try to import data from this database during java and
successed
i don't know how to use the dataimport folder in contrib folder, may be this
is the problem
what i done was build configurations file (shema.xml, solrconfig.xml,
db-data-config.xml) & put
mysql lib in lib folder

Re: Import From MYSQL database

Posted by virtas <pk...@gmail.com>.
Why don't you paste log excerpt here which is generated when you are trying
to import the data.

Re: Import From MYSQL database

Posted by Lance Norskog <go...@gmail.com>.
Have you tested your schema independently, by loading documents
directly? Look at solr/example/exampledocs/ to see how this works.
Your schema has 'multiValued='ture'" instead of "true" in the Arabic
<fieldType> but I did not see anything else.

Also, try indexing a separate database with only numbers or english
text. There may be something wrong in how Mysql sends back UTF-8, or
other character encoding problems.

On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 5:23 AM, virtas <pk...@gmail.com> wrote:

> You need to look into actual logs of the system. There you will see more
> details why import failed.
>
> check tomcat or jetty logs

Lance Norskog
goksron@gmail.com

Re: Import From MYSQL database

Posted by do3do3 <do...@hotmail.com>.
i found this files but i can't found any useful info. inside it, what i found
is GET command in http request

Re: Import From MYSQL database

Posted by virtas <pk...@gmail.com>.
In the main directory of jetty should be directory called 'logs'

log name is usually coded like this:
2010_07_31.request.log

change the date and try searching your system