Posted to dev@gora.apache.org by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/24 17:47:10 UTC

Gora & Riak

Hi Guys,

I've been speaking with a friend recently who has started learning and
using Riak. I wonder if anyone else has experiences using this store and
whether or not a gora-riak module would be worth logging? I realize that
there is plenty enough work to be getting done with Gora, however there
might be a possibility that some students would work on a project such as
this.

Thanks

Lewis

--
*Lewis*

Re: Gora & Riak

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Hey Nate,

I completely understand where you coming from. I appreciate your comments
as well and this is possibly why there has been no substantiated moves to
implement this before. There are some open issues on the Jira relating to
implementing different datastores, the reason that some of them are still
open and that little prgress has been made is that they might not work in
harmony with the underlying gora-core logic, so I understand the point you
make in a similar context.

In all honesty I am happy that this discussion has morphed into the larger
issue of k/v stores instead of simply drumming up support for a gora-riak
store. I think it's important for the project to have some sort of defined
strategy moving forward... We've just received board approval for
Graduation :0)

Definitely within the ongoing scope is to improve on the "core" part of the
Gora project, which is to achieve unparalleled object mapping support for
Column stores fully embracing the Hadoop paradigm.

Thanks for now

Lewis

--
*Lewis*