Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by djohnjimmy <dj...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/25 00:22:39 UTC

Re: Axis2 JMSListener on Websphere

I am facing the same problem although with JSF, Spring, MQ and WAS.

JSF requires us to use change Class loader order to "Classes loaded with
application class loader first" and with the configuration - the
queueConnectionFactories wont initialze...

And it WAS throws the following exception :

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot convert value of type
[com.ibm.ejs.jms.JMSQueueConnectionFactoryHandle] to required type
[javax.jms.ConnectionFactory] for property 'connectionFactory': no matching
editors or conversion strategy found

If we Change Class loader order to "Classes loaded with parent class loader
first", then JSF will not work.

Looks like its either JSF or MQ for us on WAS. Any ideas anyone?

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Martin,

Was this problem in WAS 7 or 6.x?

-- dims

Posted by djohnjimmy <dj...@gmail.com>.
Thanks all, I finally resolved the issue.

The solution is here :

http://johnjimmy.blogspot.com/2008/10/jsf-spring-jms-websphere-mq-on-was-61.html

BTW, I removed all the jms, commons and jndi jars from the WAR.

Posted by Brian De Pradine <PR...@uk.ibm.com>.
Hello,

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Good Morning All-

Posted by djohnjimmy <dj...@gmail.com>.
Hi mgainty,

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
as andreas mentioned we need to determine which CL *server classloader or application classloader is loading the class
assuming you're using Spring ConnectionFactories..can we see your jmsContext.xml it should look something like:

<bean id="appJmsGateway" class="com.newwave.apps.ehrds.jms.AppJmsGateway">
<property name="appRequestJmsTemplate" ref="appRequestJmsTemplate" />

<property name="appResponseJmsTemplate" ref="appResponseJmsTemplate" />

<property name="appRequestQueue" ref="appRequestQueue" />

<property name="appResponseQueue" ref="appResponseQueue" />

</bean>

<!-- REQUEST JMS TEMPLATES -->

<bean id="appRequestJmsTemplate" class="org.springframework.jms.core.JmsTemplate">

<property name="connectionFactory" ref="appRequestQCF" />

</bean>

<!-- RESPONSE JMS TEMPLATES -->

<bean id="appResponseJmsTemplate" class="org.springframework.jms.core.JmsTemplate">

Posted by djohnjimmy <dj...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Andreas,

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Andreas-

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by djohnjimmy <dj...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andreas,

Andreas Veithen-2 wrote:

> Try to remove the geronimo-jms_1.1_spec-1.1.jar file from your WAR or
> EAR. That should solve the problem.
>
> Andreas
>
> On Sat, Oct 25, 2008 at 00:22, djohnjimmy <dj...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I am facing the same problem although with JSF, Spring, MQ and WAS.
>>
>> JSF requires us to use change Class loader order to "Classes loaded with
>> application class loader first" and with the configuration - the
>> queueConnectionFactories wont initialze...
>>
>> And it WAS throws the following exception :
>>
>> Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot convert value of
>> type
>> [com.ibm.ejs.jms.JMSQueueConnectionFactoryHandle] to required type
>> [javax.jms.ConnectionFactory] for property 'connectionFactory': no
>> matching
>> editors or conversion strategy found
>>
>> If we Change Class loader order to "Classes loaded with parent class
>> loader
>> first", then JSF will not work.
>>
>> Looks like its either JSF or MQ for us on WAS. Any ideas anyone?
>>

>> callagc4 wrote:
>>>

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have set up an MQQueueConnectionFactory in Websphere. I have
>>> configured
>>> my axis2.xml to use this factory for my default JMSListener. On startup
>>> the application is successfully finding the Factory reference in the
>>> websphere jndi context however i am receiving the following exception
>>>
>>> "com.ibm.ejs.jms.JMSQueueConnectionFactoryHandle incompatible with
>>> javax.jms.ConnectionFactory"
>>>
>>> This appears to be a classpath issue on the server as i have configured
>>> the client to use the same context and jndi reference and it has no
>>> problem creating the MQQueueConnectionFactory and placing messages on
>>> the
>>> queue. The client is a standalone java client, it is running on the ibm
>>> websphere jre and i have placed the following classes on the classpath:
>>> ibm-jaxrpc-client.jar
>>> idl.jar
>>> j2ee.jar
>>> messagingClient.jar