Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Alex Lin <Fi...@Verizon.net> on 2001/12/03 21:02:13 UTC

Struts vs. WebLogic 6.x

Hello,

After testing the struts nighty build (beyond v1.0), i have found problems
of Struts on WebLogic 6.x.

1. The nightly build, including the common*.jar, seems mess up
   the weblogic.  I have deployed several bravepoint solutions onto
   weblogic 6.0 sp1, sp2, 6.1 still with MANY strange results.

   The solutions work fine on Tomcat 4.0

2. I had replaced several previous working struts projects with
   the latest build.  Problem happened again.

Both are confirmed after working together with another developer.

Do you have similar problem work Struts (nightly build) with WebLogic ?
Could i have a small example from you.

Thanks,
Alex Lin

Re: Struts vs. WebLogic 6.x

Posted by Alex Lin <Fi...@Verizon.net>.
Hi,

We have send one person to Vic's Dallas training.  She had the same
issue as i was in Bravepoint training.  Both trainigs use Struts 1.1
and deploy to Tomcat.  Everything on TomCat work fine.

However, after i deploy the project into WebLogic, project broke.
Initially, i guess the problem is probably on the limitation that WebLogic
can't identity jsp under WEB-INF.  Now, i'm not sure.  My collegue
received the same problem as mine during another Struts training.

Could you provide me a small example that use Struts 1.1 on WebLogic
6.x.

Thanks,
Alex
... I use Tomcat4. I complied the files in JBuilder - OK, but
got errors on the second page when I deployed to WLS. I don't
know why and ...                                 (message from Dallas)
http://www1.tramsasp.com/?section=dev&page=jb5Struts11.html&PHPSESSID=a015bb99a7d679ccc70afa6305b5a8cb

RE: Struts vs. WebLogic 6.x