Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Desbuquoit Benjamin <be...@hotmail.com> on 2003/02/17 18:09:55 UTC

I want to learn it

Hello,
I must use Turbine but I don't find How to learn to use it. There is the Jakarta' site (with all the API's) but it's not easy to learn with this.
Is there anybody who can tell me where I can learn to use Turbine ( website, book, ...)
Thanks

p.s. : I'm sorry, I don't speak very well english  :-s   but I try to do my best...

Re: I want to learn it

Posted by Eric Emminger <er...@ericemminger.com>.
Unfortunately, the documentation for Turbine is currently one of the
worst parts of the project. You're welcome to improve it as you learn!

I suggest starting with the TDK. Download it.
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-turbine/tdk/release/2.2/tdk-2.2_01.tar.gz

Then, read the TDK how to. Note that it may still refer to the old 2.1
version, rather than the current 2.2 version.
http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/tdk/tdk-howto.html

Once you get the sample application running, go back and create your own
application - change the name, Java package, folder path. Start building
whatever you're trying to build. Read what you can as you go. Ask
questions if you can't find the answer.

I hope this helps.

Eric

--