Posted to user@struts.apache.org by David Graham <dg...@hotmail.com> on 2002/08/07 23:44:24 UTC

Request vs. Session Scoped Form Beans

I'm wondering what scope most people put their form beans in?  The struts
default is session so they must think that's the best place for them but
why?  I think I prefer request because then the session objects won't get
bogged down with all those form beans for each user.

I'm asking because I just got bit by a situation where I forgot to tell my
action mapping to look in the request for the bean and then ended up with a
bean in both the request and session scopes.  This led to some confusing
debugging :-).

Thanks,
Dave