Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Ben Kim <bk...@coe.tamu.edu> on 2006/01/20 00:12:26 UTC

[re] errors not shown on page

Oh well, right after my posting, I found the answer. I wasn't doing
exit(0) after database error so it wasn't handled as fatal, I guess.

Although still, my stylesheet formatted error page shows only at every
other reload.

Regards,

Ben Kim
Developer
http://benix.tamu.edu

RE: [re] errors not shown on page

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.

> Oh well, right after my posting, I found the answer. I wasn't doing
> exit(0) after database error so it wasn't handled as fatal, I guess.

You should use "die", "exit" will terminate the page processing, but will
not hand an error condtion over to Embperl

> Although still, my stylesheet formatted error page shows only
> at every other reload.

Looks like it only fails on the first request of every child, so it only
fails when you hit a new child (or vice versa).

If it still does not work with die, please post a small example that shows
what you are doing

Gerald

** Virus checked by BB-5000 Mailfilter **