Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Neil de Hoog <ne...@lunatech.com> on 2000/07/24 23:00:08 UTC

bug in MixedContentModel.whatCanGoHere?

Sorry if this is old stuff. In the MixedContentModel.whatCanGoHere
method I read:

        //
        //  If the fully valid parameter is set, then whether any
child can
        //  go here is dependent upon the content model having been
valid all
        //  the way to the end. If its not, nothing we put here is
going to
        //  make it happy. If it was ok, then nothing we put here is
ever going
        //  make it bad.
        //
        //  So set up a boolean that can be used to set every possible
child's
        //  insertable status below.
        //
        boolean bStatus = true;
        if (fullyValid && (failedIndex < info.childCount))
            bStatus = false;

Why, if (failedIndex == -1) which means the current content is ok,
should bStatus be false? Doesn't

	if (fullyValid && (failedIndex != -1))

do a better job? Or am I wrong in assuming the results array in the
InsertableElementsInfo indicates whether a certain element can be
inserted or not?

Neil de Hoog

strange entity declaration parsing

Posted by Neil de Hoog <ne...@lunatech.com>.
I get a strange parsing result from the document shown below.

The first ulink gives me:
  prefix      = ulink url="http
  localpart   = ://sit
  rawname     = ulink
  uri         =
null

The second ulink gives me:
  prefix      = null
  localpart   = ulink
  rawname     = ulink
  uri         =
null

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE article SYSTEM "/opt/xml/simple-docbook/sdocbook.dtd" [
    <!ENTITY neil '<ulink url="http://site.neil/">here</ulink>'>
]>
<article>
  <para>And &neil; we will find everything we always wanted to
have.</para>
everything we always wanted to have.</para>
  &testpara;
</article>

I get the impression that something is misbehaving while parsing entity
declarations. Possibly Stringreader which does something when it meets a
':'.

--

Neil de Hoog

neil@lunatech.com