Posted to pluto-user@portals.apache.org by Keith Thomas <ke...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/07 03:22:34 UTC

Complete newbie stuck at the first hurdle

I am new to Pluto and new to Maven ... double trouble!

The installation instructions start with:

   "Building Pluto with Maven 2
   If this is your first time building Pluto with Maven 2, edit
~/.m2/settings.xml and
   add the <pluginGroups> element:
   . . .
   . . ."

I am running on OS X and Maven 2.0.6 is already installed on OS X. However;
I do not have a 'settings.xml' file to edit. Uh oh!

Re: Complete newbie stuck at the first hurdle

Posted by Eivind <vi...@gmail.com>.
Keith,

I am not familiar with the initial Maven setup procedures on the OS X
platform, and I am not sure why the settings.xml is not created as
part of the initial installation on this platform. Perhaps this blog
post will help:

http://byteworksinc.blogspot.com/2008/01/summary-this-post-covers-setting-up.html

You could also try to direct your question to the Maven User list;
http://maven.apache.org/mail-lists.html.

Regards,
Eivind