Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Torsten Curdt <tc...@dff.st> on 2002/07/25 13:14:13 UTC

jxpath pointers

Did I miss something or what am I doing wrong?

   Document doc = new DocumentImpl();
   context = JXPathContext.newContext(doc);
   context.setLenient(true);
   context.setFactory(new W3CFactory());

   Pointer p = context.getPointer(xpath);

   -> p != null

Shouldn't getPointer return "null" for the Pointer?
The Node is NOT existing yet? But since I am not quite
sure about the Pointer construct I haven't filed a bug
report yet.

Is this a bug?
--
Torsten

Re: jxpath pointers

Posted by Dmitri Plotnikov <dm...@apache.org>.
Torsten,

I think this might be a bug.  I bet the pointer you are getting is one of
the Null*Pointer's.  The context should of course check if the pointer is
one of those and return null if it is.  I'll look into it.

Thanks,

- Dmitri

Did I miss something or what am I doing wrong?

   Document doc = new DocumentImpl();
   context = JXPathContext.newContext(doc);
   context.setLenient(true);
   context.setFactory(new W3CFactory());

   Pointer p = context.getPointer(xpath);

   -> p != null

Shouldn't getPointer return "null" for the Pointer?
The Node is NOT existing yet? But since I am not quite
sure about the Pointer construct I haven't filed a bug
report yet.

Is this a bug?
--
Torsten