Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by "Daniel F. Savarese" <df...@savarese.org> on 2003/01/28 20:42:06 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Promote net from commons sandbox to commons

In message <8B...@blueyonder.co.uk>, robert burr
ell donkin writes:
>the proposal's is in the net documentation:
>
>http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/sandbox/net/proposal.html.

I vote +1, but I would add that Steve Cohen should probably be made a
committer given that he's made a substantial code contribution that will
likely be incorporated into a post 1.0 release.  The only reason he's not
listed as an initial committer in the proposal is because he's not already an
Apache committer and the sandbox is for existing Apache committers to
play in.  I'm also sure one or two Ant committers are willing to play
a small role to represent Ant's requirements.  Brett Smith also just
made a contribution that would be sufficient to qualify him for committer
nomination in many projects, and I believe Winston Ojeda previously made
a similar contribution.  We can update the proposal to reflect this if
required, but at the very least I think we should consider Steve Cohen as
an initial committer for the project because he clearly intends to remain
active.  I've added Steve to the proposal as an initial committer; we can
take care of the nomination formalities later since a new promotion vote
has been initiated.

daniel

Re: [VOTE] Promote net from commons sandbox to commons

Posted by Martin van den Bemt <ml...@mvdb.net>.
On Tue, 2003-01-28 at 20:42, Daniel F. Savarese wrote:

> In message <8B...@blueyonder.co.uk>, robert burr
> ell donkin writes:
> >the proposal's is in the net documentation:
> >
> >http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/sandbox/net/proposal.html.
>
> I vote +1, but I would add that Steve Cohen should probably be made a
> committer given that he's made a substantial code contribution that will
> likely be incorporated into a post 1.0 release.  The only reason he's not

If net is promoted you can put up a seperate vote for Steve. Hmm
counting the votes means you can put up a vote already for him (assuming
no -1 will come in :)

Here is my +0 on promoting net btw.

Mvgr,
Martin

Re: [VOTE] Promote net from commons sandbox to commons

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
On Tuesday, January 28, 2003, at 07:42 PM, Daniel F. Savarese wrote:

> In message <8B...@blueyonder.co.uk>,
> robert burr
> ell donkin writes:
>> the proposal's is in the net documentation:
>>
>> http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/sandbox/net/proposal.html.
>
> I vote +1, but I would add that Steve Cohen should probably be made a
> committer given that he's made a substantial code contribution that will
> likely be incorporated into a post 1.0 release.  The only reason he's not
> listed as an initial committer in the proposal is because he's not
> already an
> Apache committer and the sandbox is for existing Apache committers to
> play in.  I'm also sure one or two Ant committers are willing to play
> a small role to represent Ant's requirements.  Brett Smith also just
> made a contribution that would be sufficient to qualify him for committer
> nomination in many projects, and I believe Winston Ojeda previously made
> a similar contribution.  We can update the proposal to reflect this if
> required, but at the very least I think we should consider Steve Cohen as
> an initial committer for the project because he clearly intends to remain
> active.  I've added Steve to the proposal as an initial committer; we can
> take care of the nomination formalities later since a new promotion vote
> has been initiated.

hi daniel

sorry i pushed this vote a bit too early.

i'm a little unclear about the meaning of your last sentence. the proposal
being voted on was the one at the start of the vote (which is why rodney
was right that i should have been included it in the initial email). do
you mean that you're happy for the current vote to continue on the
original proposal and then formally nominate steve once the vote's
finished?

- robert