Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Tim Kettering <ti...@mac.com> on 2002/08/28 23:03:20 UTC

Re: Again! Location of JSP page the Taglib is executing in (really Stuck on this one, PLEASE HELP).

Um, this code snippet is in one of my servlets, not a JSP page, but however,
since JSP pages do get compiled to servlets, this might be a clue to an
solution for you?

There may be a more efficient way to do this, but this works perfectly fine
for me for determining where the root directory of the web-application is on
the physical server drive.

    URL theUrl = sc.getResource("/");
    String webapp_base_dir = theUrl.getFile();
    return webapp_base_dir;

> I really can't get to the bottom of this one.
>
> Is there any way to get to the "TRUE" filesystem location of the JSP
> page I am within? Even if the URI is Mapped through ServletMapping like
> below? I've tried getRealPath(...) and this is not accurate on the
> Tomcat 4.0.3 version I'm currently using.
>
> I need to get
>
> /var/tomcat4/webapps/Jaxp/JSPTransformExample.jsp (which really exists!)
>
> not
>
> /var/tomcat4/webapps/Jaxp/MapExample.jsp (which is virtual and doesn't
> exist!)
>

>>  <servlet>
>>    <servlet-name>JSPTestMap</servlet-name>
>>    <jsp-file>/Jaxp/JSPTransformExample.jsp</jsp-file>
>>  </servlet>
>>  <servlet-mapping>
>>    <servlet-name>JSPTestMap</servlet-name>
>>    <url-pattern>/Jaxp/MapExample.jsp</url-pattern>
>>  </servlet-mapping>
>

> -Mark Diggory

Tim Kettering
timster@mac.com

Re: Again! Location of JSP page the Taglib is executing in (really Stuck on this one, PLEASE HELP).

Posted by "Mark R. Diggory" <md...@latte.harvard.edu>.
Maybe this discussion would be more appropriate on the main
Tomcat/Catalina list. I'll post it there instead.

Posted by "Mark R. Diggory" <md...@latte.harvard.edu>.