Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Brandon Fosdick <bf...@bfoz.net> on 2006/07/11 02:26:51 UTC

DirectoryIndex, DirectorySlash and mod_dav?

As a quick hack I tried enabling mod_dav on a location to see if it would act as a storage backend for regular page serving. That is, just to use it for GET and HEAD requests and none of the other DAV-related requests.

For the most part it works, but for some reason DirectorySlash and DirectoryIndex don't work in this configuration. If I do http://example.com/mydir/ I get a blank page (no errors), however http://example.com/mydir/index.html works just fine. My trace log shows that the request was handled as a request for the directory instead of a request for mydir/index.html, so I'm guessing the request wasn't redirected properly before being given to mod_dav.

Any suggestions? Did I miss a directive somewhere? Or is this just un-doable?

Re: DirectoryIndex, DirectorySlash and mod_dav?

Posted by Brandon Fosdick <bf...@bfoz.net>.

Oops. I meant to send this to users@, sorry about that.