Posted to user@shiro.apache.org by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org> on 2011/08/02 03:25:11 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Welcome to Jared Bunting, the newest Apache Shiro committer!

Hello Apache Shiro community,

The Apache Shiro PMC (Project Management Committee) would like to
offer a word of congratulations and welcome to Jared Bunting for
becoming the latest Apache Shiro committer.

Jared has regularly contributed to the Shiro project for a while now - from
Jira issues to mailing list and framework discussions to
code patches and helping new users - and we're happy to have him as a
committer.

Welcome Jared - we're excited to have you become a part of the team!

Cheers,

The Apache Shiro PMC

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Welcome to Jared Bunting, the newest Apache Shiro committer!

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 7:27 PM, Jared Bunting
<ja...@peachjean.com> wrote:
> I'd asked this question of Les earlier and received some great advice,
> but at Kalle's suggestion I'm going to repeat it here.

Oh no worries - I meant for the next time.

> As a new committer, what do I need to know about project protocol,
> making commits, handling issues, etc?

Well, Les had a few good tips already. I'll refer you to the relevant
wiki section: http://shiro.apache.org/how-to-contribute.html. If you
feel it's missing something, please add. Other than that, ask when in
doubt.

Kalle

Posted by Jared Bunting <ja...@peachjean.com>.
Thanks Les, Kalle.

I'd asked this question of Les earlier and received some great advice,
but at Kalle's suggestion I'm going to repeat it here.

As a new committer, what do I need to know about project protocol,
making commits, handling issues, etc?

Thanks,
Jared

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.