Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Imre András Róbert <im...@mail.tvnet.hu> on 2007/02/19 10:02:19 UTC

Re[2]: How to start with beanshell?

Ok, let me be more specific and also answer my own question.

Question:
How can I start using BeanShell in ofbiz and what can I do with it?

Answer:
BeanShell can be used for testing and debugging services quickly.
It gives a scripting capability to ofbiz. We can connect to this
interface via telnetting to its port if beanshell component is
enabled. Using this we're deep inside ofbiz, that's why this port
should be secured in production use.

We can get entities using find methods of the delegators.
We can call services using dispatchers.

More detail on BeanShell, delegators and dispatchers:
http://www.opensourcestrategies.com/ofbiz/entities_services.php

Also has a link to a BeanShell init script to execute first after
connecting to ofbiz:
http://www.opensourcestrategies.com/downloads/bshcontainer.bsh
This comes handy to have a delegator, a dispatcher and a userLogin
to start working.

Regards,
  András

Re: Re[4]: How to start with beanshell?

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Thanks András,

No hurry anyway, this is open source ;o)

Jacques

Posted by Imre András Róbert <im...@mail.tvnet.hu>.

Re: Re[2]: How to start with beanshell?

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.