Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by LiXiao2007 <Li...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/27 03:28:42 UTC

Difference between Virtual Topic and Composite Queue

I would like to send messages to a central point where JMS will automatically
forward them to a set of queues for different systems. It seems to me that
both Virutal topic and composite queue can accomplish this. Between virtual
topic and composite queue, which one will do the better job. What is their
main difference?
Thanks!

Re: Difference between Virtual Topic and Composite Queue

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 2/27/07, LiXiao2007 <Li...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I would like to send messages to a central point where JMS will automatically
> forward them to a set of queues for different systems. It seems to me that
> both Virutal topic and composite queue can accomplish this. Between virtual
> topic and composite queue, which one will do the better job. What is their
> main difference?

Here's a new FAQ entry on that (which will appear on the main site in
an hour or so)
http://cwiki.apache.org/ACTIVEMQ/what-is-the-difference-between-a-virtual-topic-and-a-composite-destination.html
--

James