Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by Renat Bekbolatov <re...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/28 02:49:53 UTC

using schedulers from outside the private network running a mesos cluster

Hi guys!

Mesos scheduler driver picks up machine’s ip address and publishes it to
master to communicate back. If I happened to run a scheduler locally and
connect to my cluster on a private network which has only master exposed,
what is a good workaround to allow information flow from master to
scheduler?

There is no address setting possible through schedulerDriver API, but even
if I could set the address, it seems like the ports (there are 2 ports
used) are not fixed either.

Also, I understand that the slave webui components will not work, when
those machines are not exposed, but access to slaves doesn’t block us from
sending tasks to Mesos cluster since the task communication with slaves
goes through the master node.

I am considering maybe just running that schedulers within the cluster and
expose their services instead, maybe that is a better approach, but please
let me know what you think about both setups.

Thanks,
 Renat