Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by Senaka Fernando <se...@wso2.com> on 2008/03/19 21:01:25 UTC

[Fwd: Re: Axis2/C, C++ and 'undefined symbol: __gxx_personality_v0']

Subject: Re: Axis2/C, C++ and 'undefined symbol: __gxx_personality_v0'
From:    "Senaka Fernando" <se...@wso2.com>
Date:    Thu, March 20, 2008 1:04 am
To:      axis-c-user@ws.apache.org

Hi Alex,

Well I think that the extern "C" caused the seg_fault as it couldn't
locate the function name. :D... I missed that out I believe. The extern
"C" requirement is on the Axis2/C FAQ.

Also, the LD_PRELOAD is a satisfactory solution. Also, have you tried
setting the LIBS environment variable before building the source? I'd
rather prefer the LIBS option, because setting LD_PRELOAD can sometimes be
cumbersome. However, if you are using a binary release you have to resort
to LD_PRELOAD. Therefore, I think that we can add this to our FAQ too.

Regards,
Senaka

N.B.: CCs sent to user and dev lists.