Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Dave Hoffer <DH...@xrite.com> on 2007/10/22 04:24:58 UTC

maven-assembly-plugin version 2.2-beta-2 release schedule?

Any idea when maven-assembly-plugin version 2.2-beta-2 might be
released?  I have a build that requires this version.  (The
maven-assembly-plugin has several snapshot dependencies so it would be
hard for me to make a private release.)

Re: maven-assembly-plugin version 2.2-beta-2 release schedule?

Posted by Nigel Magnay <ni...@gmail.com>.
I've had the same problem - we needed to release and 2.2-beta-1 had a
showstopper in it.
Since I'd done the work and since it's a common theme - if you add
http://mavenversionedsnapshots.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/
as a plugin repository in your pom.xml (or your mirror or whatever), and
change your plugin from 2.2-beta-2-SNAPSHOT to 2.2-beta-2.nrm.1 you should
be good.

HTH,
Nigel

Posted by Stephane Nicoll <st...@gmail.com>.
On 10/24/07, Nigel Magnay <ni...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ... except that this one has been worked on. By my count of jira, it's got
> 27 fixes in it already, 7 of which are marked as critical.

Agreed.

> I'd try and help. Really. But the huge stack of technologies involved that
> are, basically, proprietary to maven and aren't documented is a substantial
> barrier. That and the assembly plugin is really scary... ;-)

Hehe, you touch the nerve of the problem. I kinda have the same
feeling. We need to make sure that a new beta release will not break
existing use cases. And for checking that we need to test and we need
time.

Stéphane

Posted by Nigel Magnay <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stephane Nicoll <st...@gmail.com>.