Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by an...@cohsoft.com.au on 2009/07/22 07:03:34 UTC

Possible bug in invoiceId generation

Hi

I've found what I think is a bug in 9.04. I can't find any mention of it in Jira, and I do not know what the correct fix should be.

If the createInvoice service is called without an invoiceId, it uses getNextInvoiceId to make one. If

1. PartyAcctgPreference has invoiceSequenceEnumId set to INVSQ_ENF_SEQ, and
2. createInvoice is called again, in a separate transaction, before the transaction associated with the first call is committed

then getNextInvoiceId generates the same invoiceId for both invoices. Which means I end up with one invoice instead of two.

If I change invoiceSequenceEnumId to INVSQ_STANDARD, there is no problem - I get the right number of invoices.

Although I believe I understand what is going on, the detailed workings of transactions is not exactly my area of expertise. For my purposes, INVSQ_STANDARD is an acceptable solution, however I'd prefer a more robust solution in the long term.

Perhaps the solution should relate to changing the isolation level on my db (currently Postgresql 8.3, with default Ubuntu installation settings). Or perhaps this is an OFBiz bug that needs to be fixed.

If someone can tell me what should be done, I'll have a go at doing it.

Cheers,
Anne.
--
Coherent Software Australia Pty Ltd
PO Box 2773

Bonsai ERP, the all-inclusive ERP system
http://www.bonsaierp.com.au/