Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Mike Thomsen <mi...@gmail.com> on 2018/06/15 12:11:49 UTC

Transition Mongo processors to use a controller service

I created a ticket for moving the Mongo processors to use the Mongo client
service as their configuration source.

For at least one release, it should be optional, but I'm not sure the best
way to do that. Should I make the client service and the required
configuration fields optional and use customValidate to verify that one or
the other are set properly?

Thanks,

Mike

Re: Transition Mongo processors to use a controller service

Posted by Otto Fowler <ot...@gmail.com>.
Wouldn’t it be like the proxy configuration and the aws configuration stuff
( optional )?
Is there any kind of ‘property’ depreciation plan?

If you say make it optional for a little while, that doesn’t mitigate
issues in the future when it is *not* optional.