Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by sciUser <sh...@securitycentric.net> on 2019/09/04 06:01:54 UTC

Re: RemoteApp Syntax

Ok thanks Nick, I was able to test this out and able to reverse engineer what
they are doing.
I can successfully make an RDP connection from Windows to Windows and have
remoteapp work with out AD and with out that third party installation.

Here is what I done:

In the registry I went to HKLM \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows NT \
CurrentVersion \ Terminal server \ TSAppAllowList

I changed the value in fDisabledAllowList from 0 to 1
Then I added a new KEY under TSAppAllowList called Applications then added
another key under Applications of the app name I wanted to authorize. In
that application name key I added two Strings
Name and Path
In the Name I added Chrome In the Path I added the full path plus the
executable name chrome.exe

In my RDP file I added the 4 following fields.
remoteapplicationmode:i:1
alternate shell:s:rdpinit.exe
remoteapplicationname:s:Chrome
remoteapplicationprogram:s:||Chrome

When I make the RDP connection only Chrome is running in the window. Again
this is Windows to Windows.  From Guacamole I add in ||Chrome and the
directory path (not the executable) and I get a black screen nothing else.

I have also check the logs and nothing is showing up abnormal.

When i dont have remoteapp on guac configured I connect to the desktop just
fine.

Thoughts on why Guacamole is not processing this?

Thank You.

-----
A Cybersecurity Enablement Company
We don't just run you through the motions, Our labs teach you how to think!
Known good Guacamole  installations

Re: RemoteApp Syntax

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Sep 16, 2019 at 12:49 PM sciUser <sh...@securitycentric.net>
wrote:

> Havent seen any response to this.

Probably because no one has responded :-).

I honestly have not done much with remote apps in quite a while, so I
haven't had a chance to try it out.  If I can find some time, I will.

-Nick

Re: RemoteApp Syntax

Posted by sciUser <sh...@securitycentric.net>.
Havent seen any response to this.