Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Tomas Repik <tr...@redhat.com> on 2017/01/30 16:26:48 UTC

Why shaded Datastax java-driver?

Hello list,
why is datastax java-driver so tightly fixed to the cassandra base?
Is there any reason to have it as a shaded dependency?
And what even a shaded dependency is?

I'd be glad for any response.

Thanks Tomas

Re: Why shaded Datastax java-driver?

Posted by Tomas Repik <tr...@redhat.com>.
Well good to know. Then I think the optional="true" attribute of the java driver in build.xml is misleading. If you didn't include the java driver, you're not able to build cassandra as far as I'm trying. I've already suggested a cassandra-common.jar in another topic (Cassandra client) and I'm glad that I'm not the only one thinking about such thing. Is there any chance that the idea would be considered by upstream?

Posted by Dave Brosius <db...@mebigfatguy.com>.