Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Oleg Ruchovets <or...@gmail.com> on 2011/02/22 23:53:03 UTC

which hadoop and zookeeper version should I use with hbase 0.90.1

Hi ,
  which hadoop and zookeeper version should I use with hbase 0.90.1.
thanks in advance
Oleg.

Re: which hadoop and zookeeper version should I use with hbase 0.90.1

Posted by Ryan Rawson <ry...@gmail.com>.
Thats the correct branch, so you should be good!

Posted by Oleg Ruchovets <or...@gmail.com>.
Got it ,
thank you St.Ack.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Posted by Oleg Ruchovets <or...@gmail.com>.
I get the src from here.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Posted by Oleg Ruchovets <or...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Posted by Oleg Ruchovets <or...@gmail.com>.
Hi ,
[...]

If cloudera has another version and this version has to be used for hbase
0.90.1 please send the link for this specific version.

Posted by Ryan Rawson <ry...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 2:14 AM, Oleg Ruchovets <or...@gmail.com> wrote:

> -- In case I found bugs or problems , where I am going to post the questions
> ?

To this list.

> -- Which of it is developed for  hbase? Simply  As I understand it is 3
> different branches which developed by 3 different organizations (apache
> , facebook , clodera).

Apache is the 'official' version.  Many like the convenience of the
Cloudera distribution and that it has fixes not yet available in
Apache releases (in the hbase case, in particular, it has support for
append/sync).

> -- Which of it is stable official release for hbase ?

See the documentation that Jean-Daniel posted.  Thats our take on it all.

> -- What is the status of https://github.com/facebook/hadoop-20-append ? Is
> it stable?

I haven't tried it.

Someone else might have an opinion on the above.

St.Ack

Re: which hadoop and zookeeper version should I use with hbase 0.90.1

Posted by Oleg Ruchovets <or...@gmail.com>.
I found couple hadoop 0.20.0 links:

 1) http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/hadoop/common/branches/branch-0.20-append/
<http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/hadoop/common/branches/branch-0.20-append/>
 2) https://github.com/facebook/hadoop-20-append
<https://github.com/facebook/hadoop-20-append> 3)
https://docs.cloudera.com/display/DOC/Cloudera+Documentation+Home+Page

Questions (all questions is regarding hbase 0.90.1 release):

-- In case I found bugs or problems , where I am going to post the questions
?
-- Which of it is developed for  hbase? Simply  As I understand it is 3
different branches which developed by 3 different organizations (apache
, facebook , clodera).
-- Which of it is stable official release for hbase ?
-- What is the status of https://github.com/facebook/hadoop-20-append ? Is
it stable?

Thanks Oleg.

Posted by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@apache.org>.