Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by "Sergey Grebnov (Akvelon)" <v-...@microsoft.com> on 2014/07/07 14:39:35 UTC

iOS: add target-device and MinimumOSVersion support to config.xml

Phonegap build already supports[2] preferences below and we could make this a part of Cordova. I can implement this if we agree. Thoughts?

#1 target-device
For targeting a specific device; possible values are handset, tablet, or universal (default).
Example:
<preference name="target-device" value="universal" />

#2 deployment-target
This sets the IPHONEOS_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET in the build, which tranlsates to the MinimumOSVersion in the ipa Propertly List.
Example:
<preference name="deployment-target" value="7.0" />

[2]http://docs.build.phonegap.com/en_US/configuring_preferences.md.html#_ios_only

Thx!
Sergey

Re: iOS: add target-device and MinimumOSVersion support to config.xml

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.
That's how I understood it - we'll have to document this properly for
the non-CLI folks.

Posted by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org>.

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org>.