Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Don Armstrong <do...@donarmstrong.com> on 2009/08/13 01:26:14 UTC

Custom rules with Custom Corpus and Nightly Mass Check [bugs.debian.org, lists.debian.org]

I'm interested in being able to run Nightly Mass Check on a large set
of custom rules[0] (currently around 1300) with a fairly large spam
and ham corpus from bugs.debian.org and lists.debian.org.

I'm not sure whether this is something that 1) we could have
integrated into the normal nightly mass check that is run by you all,
or 2) if we should be running our own copy of nightly mass check which
runs the checks on our rules.[1]

What I'd really like to learn from this is which of our custom rules
we should discard, which are just wrong, and which are good, but
should be scored higher... it may also be useful for you all if some
of our rules are particularly good, but as many are only appropriate
for bugs.debian.org and lists.debian.org that might only be a passing
benifit.

Whatever #1 or #2 is better, let me know. [I don't have a preference,
though I suspect #1 is going to require less time expendature and
fewer questions if it's possible and acceptable.]

Don Armstrong

0: http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/pkg-listmaster/trunk/spamassassin_config/
   svn://svn.debian.org/svn/pkg-listmaster/trunk/spamassassin_config

1: I poked around a bit, but wasn't able to see instructions for how
to do either, but I may have missed them.
--
We must realize that today's Establishment is the New George III.
Whether it will continue to adhere to his tactics, we do not know. If