Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> on 2008/06/02 08:50:28 UTC

Re: Tomcat sporadically hangs(long)

Lars Bo Hansen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We've been having this issue with tomcat that sporadically hangs once in a
> while (startet happening just after an apache was put up front, so I'm not
> quite sure if this is the correct list)

Have you tried taking a thread dump whilst this is happening? If you take
two ~30s apart it should be obvious which thread is hanging where.

Mark

Re: Tomcat sporadically hangs(long)

Posted by Lars Bo Hansen <la...@gmail.com>.
We actually did make good progress this week. It was the firewall clipping
idle connections to the database, so we played around with the connection
pool configurations and haven't have the problem ever since. I can't imagine
we didn't think of this earlyer on:)