Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Peter B. West" <pb...@powerup.com.au> on 2000/12/23 15:00:53 UTC

FATAL ERROR -1

On Redhat linux with a 2.2.16-3 kernel, I get an error when the
following differences are present in the .fo file.

Note that the warnings have been occurring for some time.

xml 23:03$ java $Fop test3.fo test3.pdf
Fop 0.16.0 dev
using SAX parser org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser
using renderer org.apache.fop.render.pdf.PDFRenderer
using element mapping org.apache.fop.fo.StandardElementMapping
using element mapping org.apache.fop.svg.SVGElementMapping
using property list mapping
org.apache.fop.fo.StandardPropertyListMapping
using property list mapping org.apache.fop.svg.SVGPropertyListMapping
building formatting object tree
WARNING: Unknown formatting object
http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format^wrapper
WARNING: Unknown formatting object
http://www.egroups.com/wwwlatinmass^collect
WARNING: Unknown formatting object
http://www.egroups.com/wwwlatinmass^introduction
WARNING: Unknown formatting object
http://www.egroups.com/wwwlatinmass^versestext
WARNING: Unknown formatting object
http://www.egroups.com/wwwlatinmass^offertory
WARNING: Unknown formatting object
http://www.egroups.com/wwwlatinmass^secret
WARNING: Unknown formatting object
http://www.egroups.com/wwwlatinmass^communion
WARNING: Unknown formatting object
http://www.egroups.com/wwwlatinmass^postcommunion
setting up fonts
formatting FOs into areas
 [1] [2] [3FATAL ERROR: -1

Differences between .fo files that work and those that fail.  The '<'
file fails.

8c8,12
<       <fo:wrapper font-weight="bold" font-style="italic"> V.
<fo:wrapper font-
weight="normal">Glory be.</fo:wrapper></fo:wrapper>
---
>       <fo:wrapper font-weight="bold" font-style="italic"> V. <fo:wrapper font-
weight="normal">
>     Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
>     As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world
>     without end. Amen.
>   </fo:wrapper></fo:wrapper>
17c21,24
<   <fo:wrapper font-weight="bold" font-style="italic"> V. <fo:wrapper
font-weig
ht="normal">Glória Patri.</fo:wrapper></fo:wrapper>
---
>   <fo:wrapper font-weight="bold" font-style="italic"> V. <fo:wrapper font-weig
ht="normal">
>     Glória Patri, et Fílio, et Spirítui Sancto.  Sicut erat in princípio
>     et nunc, et semper et in sæcula sæculórum.  Amen.
>   </fo:wrapper></fo:wrapper>

The only differences are in the text and the white space surrounding the
text.

Any ideas?  The entire .fo file is 24K long.  Rearranging the fo:wrapper
elements so that the nesting is removed does not fix the error.  How can
I get more info on the error?

Yours faithfully,
Peter
--