Posted to user@metron.apache.org by Farrukh Naveed Anjum <an...@gmail.com> on 2019/03/24 14:32:48 UTC

Metron 0.7.1 (METRON INDEXING) bug

Hi,

I am experiencing the bug in meanwhile getting data from KAFKA to METRON...
It does not show any thing in management console of metron. Neither creates
the index.

However, I can confirm I am able to see Snort, Bro Data coming to the Kafka.
/usr/hdp/current/kafka-broker/bin/kafka-console-consumer.sh --zookeeper
localhost:2181 --topic snort --from-beginning

Can some one please guide me where shall I look for problem. There is no
logging for enrichment, bro, indexing processes. I have checked Storm UI
but no error there.

--
With Regards
Farrukh Naveed Anjum

Re: Metron 0.7.1 (METRON INDEXING) bug

Posted by Ali Nazemian <al...@gmail.com>.
You need to first make sure delete.topic.enable is set to true. Make sure
there is no producer and consumer registered to the topic. (Stop all storm
topologies if you can and make sure all of them are stopped entirely.)
Then, you can use kafka topic cli to delete the topic by using --delete
[topic_name]. Kafka will mark the topic to be deleted and then it will be
deleted in the background shortly. Please be mindful if you don't manage to
stop all consumers and producers, Kafka may think the topic is deleted, but
it is actually not deleted from Zookeeper and log dir. In that case, you
need to delete log dir manually and delete the zookeeper corresponding
znodes as well. This task some times cause some issues. Therefore, double
check all the producers and consumers to make sure nothing is active on the
topic you want to delete.

Cheers,
Ali

--
A.Nazemian

Re: Metron 0.7.1 (METRON INDEXING) bug

Posted by Farrukh Naveed Anjum <an...@gmail.com>.
How can I delete topics and purge Data  in Kafka ?

Posted by Farrukh Naveed Anjum <an...@gmail.com>.
Its in the KAFKA ERROR

Posted by Michael Miklavcic <mi...@gmail.com>.
Check out your error index in es or solr

Posted by Farrukh Naveed Anjum <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Farrukh Naveed Anjum <an...@gmail.com>.
Any reason i am not getting error in Storm UI

Posted by Farrukh Naveed Anjum <an...@gmail.com>.
It is 1

Posted by Michael Miklavcic <mi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Farrukh Naveed Anjum <an...@gmail.com>.