Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Juan Diego Botiva Leon <ju...@hotmail.com> on 2010/09/09 21:52:12 UTC

Question about clustering

Hi!

We have a cluster with two jackrabbit nodes in our production environment and we need to do some offline modification in the stored data, we want to take the application servers down an run a java program to modify the data, my question is: do we have to configure the java program as a third node in the cluster or we can leave it as if there were no cluster at all and run the program? Thanks in advance.

Regards

Juan Diego Botiva

Re: Question about clustering

Posted by Ian Boston <ie...@tfd.co.uk>.
You will need to configure it as a cluster node since the modifications that it makes will need to flow through to the local search index state on your production node. If its not part of the cluster then the JSR Queries will be operating on a lucene index out of sync with the database state.

There should be no problem in running your third node while the other two are running in production (unless the data changes are conflicting with production)

HTH
Ian