Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by clifford <cl...@paprika-software.com> on 2017/04/19 16:12:59 UTC

OTFParser how to

When doing..
java.io.FileInputStream fis = new java.io.FileInputStream(file1);
OTFParser p = new OTFParser();
OpenTypeFont otf = p.parse(fis);

and otf.isPostScript() is true how do I embed the font  as

PDType0Font.load(doc, otf, true); will cause a error later on of
"java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: OTF fonts do not have a glyf
table" which is true as it dose not have a glyf table

--

*Kind regards*

*Clifford Dann
Paprika*

T +44 (0)1732 811603
www.paprika-software.com <https://www.paprika-software.com%3C>
Latters House, High Street, Hadlow, Tonbridge, Kent, TN11 0EF, United
Kingdom

Agency Software Worldwide Ltd.    Registered in England and Wales 01665695

Re: OTFParser how to

Posted by Andreas Lehmkühler <an...@lehmi.de>.
> clifford <cl...@paprika-software.com> hat am 19. April 2017 um 18:12 geschrieben:
>

> When doing..
> java.io.FileInputStream fis = new java.io.FileInputStream(file1);
> OTFParser p = new OTFParser();
> OpenTypeFont otf = p.parse(fis);
>
> and otf.isPostScript() is true how do I embed the font  as
>
> PDType0Font.load(doc, otf, true); will cause a error later on of
> "java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: OTF fonts do not have a glyf
> table" which is true as it dose not have a glyf table
PDFBox doesn't support embedding such otf fonts.

Andreas