Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Motty <mo...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/29 23:40:49 UTC

SpamAassassin block email from trusted network

Hello All,
Email coming from an IP from trusted network gets blocked. any idea how
to fix this issue? The email is not spam at all.
#   server (i.e. not spammers)
trusted_networks 22.17.35.9/29

SpamAssassin version 3.4.1

Thanks,
_Motty

Re: SpamAassassin block email from trusted network

Posted by Benny Pedersen <me...@junc.eu>.
Motty skrev den 2015-10-29 23:40:
> Hello All,
> Email coming from an IP from trusted network gets blocked. any idea
> how to fix this issue? The email is not spam at all.

more info needed to help you

trusted_networks does not mean we never spam

Re: SpamAassassin block email from trusted network

Posted by John Hardin <jh...@impsec.org>.
On Fri, 30 Oct 2015, Benny Pedersen wrote:

> John Hardin skrev den 2015-10-30 00:32:
>
>>  If you really do trust that they will never send you any spam, then
>>  modify your glue config to bypass SA entirely for messages from that
>>  MTA. Why waste the effort scanning those messages?
>
> to learn ham its needed to be feeded to spamassassin :=)

Only if autolearn is enabled.

   ...the Fates notice those who buy chainsaws...
                                               -- www.darwinawards.com
  Tomorrow: Halloween

Re: SpamAassassin block email from trusted network

Posted by Benny Pedersen <me...@junc.eu>.
John Hardin skrev den 2015-10-30 00:32:

> If you really do trust that they will never send you any spam, then
> modify your glue config to bypass SA entirely for messages from that
> MTA. Why waste the effort scanning those messages?

to learn ham its needed to be feeded to spamassassin :=)

> Otherwise, please describe "gets blocked" in a little more detail.
> Does the MTA reject the mail at SMTP time for some reason (e.g. a
> DNSBL hit)? Does SA *always* score messages from that MTA very high?

indeed, none have crystall yet here

Re: SpamAassassin block email from trusted network

Posted by John Hardin <jh...@impsec.org>.
On Thu, 29 Oct 2015, Motty wrote:

> Hello All,
> Email coming from an IP from trusted network gets blocked. any idea how to
> fix this issue? The email is not spam at all.
> #   server (i.e. not spammers)
> trusted_networks 22.17.35.9/29

"trusted" does not mean "not spammers" or "will never send spam", it means
"does not forge message headers".

If you really do trust that they will never send you any spam, then modify
your glue config to bypass SA entirely for messages from that MTA. Why
waste the effort scanning those messages?

Otherwise, please describe "gets blocked" in a little more detail. Does
the MTA reject the mail at SMTP time for some reason (e.g. a DNSBL hit)?
Does SA *always* score messages from that MTA very high?

Please supply the message headers for a FP so that we can see what rules
are hitting and potentially make useful recommendations.

   ...the Fates notice those who buy chainsaws...
                                               -- www.darwinawards.com
  2 days until Halloween