Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Leonid Geller <lg...@feedroom.com> on 2007/06/05 00:02:07 UTC

hostname lookup

How can I disable hostname lookup in Cocoon 2.1.10? It slows down our
application immensely!

Thanks,

-Leonid Geller

RE: hostname lookup

Posted by Leonid Geller <lg...@feedroom.com>.
I was barking up the wrong tree.

The problem was the ACL configuration in front of cocoon vhost. It had an invalid hostname in the deny clause, which caused Apache to do a reverse lookup to see if the client's IP matches the host.

The clause was: Deny From None
Apparently, this is a typical error, None is not a reserved word (unlike All which is), so it is treated as a hostname.

Live and learn... :)

Leonid Geller

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Hi Leonid,