Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by David Koch <og...@googlemail.com> on 2012/07/23 19:09:27 UTC

Problem implementing custom WritableComparator

Hello,

I implemented a very simple custom WritableComparable which works fine as
is but I wanted to improve performance by implementing the
appropriate WritableComparator as well. The comparator does not seem to
work as keys which really should be the same are different according to the
reduce method.

I uploaded the code here: http://pastebin.com/usykcA1r

Any ideas where I am going wrong in my code? Again, if I comment the
WritableComparator
everything works as expected.

Thanks a lot,

/David

I followed the guidelines here:
http://developer.yahoo.com/hadoop/tutorial/module5.html#writable-comparatorand
also Chapter 4, page 106 o'Reilly Hadoop Book 3rd edition