Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Zoltan Vereczi <zv...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/16 14:43:31 UTC

EntitySync

Hi,

We'd like to sync entities between 2 ofbiz instances with relatively high
frequency, let's say on minute base.
Right now there's one master server and one client (we will have more
clients) so the clients perform pulls from the master server. The EntitySync
resides on the server and belongs to only one client, as it is noted in the
POS example settings. I see that several timing parameters can be set around
EntitySync.
Can you tell me where can I found documentation about the parameters and
their tuning for this scenario?
I started with the example POS sync settings, and played with them a lot,
but so far I haven't found a stable and efficent configuration. I tried to
sync only a set of the following entites: product, party, order and their
related entites. Finally it was working quiet well on my test env, until I
moved the settings to our server having previously used db/entities. It just
runs the sync and store processes continuously, but the entities I was
looking for are not getting over somehow. What I see is that the last
successful sync timestamp is 5 days before, and I get the following logs
coming from EntitySyncContext:

In assembleValuesToCreate skipped [161/[ModelEntity[ContactMech],
ModelEntity[ContactMechAttribute],
... a lot more and ...
entities for the time period ending at [2007-03-16 12:31:46.718] because of
next known create times

Can anyone tell me what does it mean, is this the reason the entities not
getting over and highlight the problem I might have with my configuration?

My xml is here:  http://www.nabble.com/file/7210/entitysync.xml
entitysync.xml

Any help is appreciated. Zoltan