Posted to dev@jmeter.apache.org by Vladimir Sitnikov <si...@gmail.com> on 2021/12/17 05:35:11 UTC

Bugzilla / GitHub migration: username request

Dear All,

As you might know, Apache JMeter is working on migrating the data
that is currently residing in Bugzilla at https://bz.apache.org/bugzilla/
into
JMeter GitHub project repository. The ultimate goal is to make JMeter
Bugzilla
read-only and allow the use of GitHub issues and pull requests.
We hope that this will lower the bar for newer contributors and allow a much
smoother user experience than we're having now.

Now it's time for the next step of this migration: username mapping.
Bugzilla uses email addresses as usernames and GitHub operates solely
via GitHub usernames.
There is no way to associate an email with a GitHub username in an
automatic way,
so we are asking you to fill in the survey:

https://forms.gle/zjnrGUo4VWPoWMVh9

I would appreciate it if this form will be filled by April, 30

Q&A:

Q: How will this data be used?
A: This email - username mapping will be used by the Apache
Software Foundation
solely for the purposes of the Bugzilla migration process and will be
deleted as soon as migration will finish.

Q: What will happen if I will not provide email - username mapping?
A: All data produced by unidentified users will be anonymized during
the migration, so there will be no way to attribute data to a
particular Github username

Q: What if I cannot use the form above for some reason?
A: Please email the Apache JMeter team your Bugzilla username (email)
and your Github username. By receiving this data it will be assumed
that you will be giving permission to the Apache Software Foundation to
migrate
all the data created by you in the ASF Bugzilla database under the
account(s) you sent to the Github issues in the Apache JMeter project
repository.

Thanks,
Vladimir

Re: Bugzilla / GitHub migration: username request

Posted by Vladimir Sitnikov <si...@gmail.com>.
>Any updates on this migration please? Thanks!

See https://lists.apache.org/thread/xt9n5tjb9h3lo1hplhyqmz7ctx8tto7l

I got 10 Bugzilla-GitHub pairs via the form above.

I've got not much progress though :-/

Posted by NaveenKumar Namachivayam <ca...@gmail.com>.
Hi Vladimir,

Any updates on this migration please? Thanks!

--
[image: photo]
NaveenKumar Namachivayam