Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Basant Kukreja <Ba...@Sun.COM> on 2007/06/15 02:50:23 UTC

Question regarding apache and locale (use of mbtowc in apache modules)

Apache typically runs in "C"/"POSIX" locale. Is it possible/recommended to run
apache in other locale? Why I am asking is that if some apache module wants to
use mbtowc functions (wchar.h), is it ok to use it (as it affects the entire
process)? Is it recommended? Will it cause any issues with other builtin apache
modules?

Apache code though never call the setlocale function so I think typically
apache runs in system's default locale.

Regards,
Basant.