Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Mikhail Gryzykhin <mi...@google.com> on 2018/06/25 19:47:51 UTC

Fixing flaky tests and infrastructure stability

Hello everyone,

I have assembled short list with JIRA tickets for current issues with
post-commit tests.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=parent%3DBEAM-4627

Currently, list contains:
Flaky SQL test: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEAM-4628
Flaky examples test: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEAM-4637
Failed tests are reported as unstable job:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEAM-4638
Failed tests are reported as success on detailed view:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEAM-4638

Additionally, we have a problem of quota issue:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEAM-4630

All of these issues degrade quality of our post-commit tests signal.

Can owners or active committers to corresponding areas work on fixing these
issues with high priority?
(If you pick up task, update it to "in progress" in JIRA and/or respond to
this thread please.)

If you need any help resolving this issue or more information, feel free
to let me know, I'll be happy to help.

Thank you,
--Mikhail

Re: Fixing flaky tests and infrastructure stability

Posted by Rafael Fernandez <rf...@google.com>.
On Mon, Jun 25, 2018 at 3:49 PM Kenneth Knowles <kl...@google.com> wrote:

> There's also a "flake" label and a saved search here:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?filter=12343195
>
> Kenn
>
> On Mon, Jun 25, 2018 at 12:48 PM Mikhail Gryzykhin <mi...@google.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> I have assembled short list with JIRA tickets for current issues with
>> post-commit tests.
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=parent%3DBEAM-4627
>>
>> Currently, list contains:
>> Flaky SQL test: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEAM-4628
>> Flaky examples test: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEAM-4637
>> Failed tests are reported as unstable job:
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEAM-4638
>> Failed tests are reported as success on detailed view:
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEAM-4638
>>
>> Additionally, we have a problem of quota issue:
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEAM-4630

​Thanks for flagging - this should now be resolved.​

Posted by Kenneth Knowles <kl...@google.com>.