Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Sc...@lotus.com on 2000/11/01 17:11:01 UTC

Re: Compiling Xalan for Xerces1.2.1 [was Xalan-J 1.2 Throwing anexception from an ErrorHandler]

> I don't know what the plans are for supporting Xerces 1.2.1 and the new
> DOM 2 in XalanJ1.  Perhaps someone from Lotus can detail those plans.

We should go ahead and make these changes at some point.  The day XalanJ2
goes "gold" is the day we'll start officially dropping support for XalanJ1.
But we have less and less time to spend on XalanJ1 as we focus on getting
XalanJ2 in shape.

-scott

                    Gary L Peskin
                    <garyp@firste        To:     xalan-dev@xml.apache.org
                    ch.com>              cc:     Richard.Knowles@reuters.com, (bcc: Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus)
                                         Subject:     Re: Compiling Xalan for Xerces1.2.1 [was Xalan-J 1.2
                    11/01/00             Throwing anexception from an ErrorHandler]
                    10:51 AM
                    Please
                    respond to
                    xalan-dev

R_KNOWLES wrote:
> Well that was easier than I was expecting. All I have had to do is to
implement
> the isSupported method in UnImplNode.java, ResultsTreeFrag.java,
NodeSet.java
> and DTMProxy.java. I made the implementations do exactly the same as the
> supports method that was implemented in each of these classes.

A good design pays off.

> So the question is what now? Do you want the changed files?

I don't know what the plans are for supporting Xerces 1.2.1 and the new
DOM 2 in XalanJ1.  Perhaps someone from Lotus can detail those plans.

I'd be happy to make the changes if that's where you want to go.

Gary

Re: Compiling Xalan for Xerces1.2.1 [was Xalan-J 1.2 Throwing anexceptionfrom an ErrorHandler]

Posted by Gary L Peskin <ga...@firstech.com>.
Scott_Boag@lotus.com wrote:
> We should go ahead and make these changes at some point.  The day XalanJ2
> goes "gold" is the day we'll start officially dropping support for XalanJ1.
> But we have less and less time to spend on XalanJ1 as we focus on getting
> XalanJ2 in shape.

I have made and committed these changes to XalanJ1.  The CVS version
should now compile fine with XercesJ 1.2.1.

Gary

Re: Compiling Xalan for Xerces1.2.1 [was Xalan-J 1.2 Throwing anexception from an ErrorHandler]

Posted by Benoit Cerrina <be...@writeme.com>.
Scott,
I understand that most of you are working on XalanJ2, but do you expect a
new release of XalanJ1 with some bug corrections (most notably the one
concerning global variables)?  If not do you have an expected release date
for XalanJ2?
Benoit
> > I don't know what the plans are for supporting Xerces 1.2.1 and the new
> > DOM 2 in XalanJ1.  Perhaps someone from Lotus can detail those plans.
>
> We should go ahead and make these changes at some point.  The day XalanJ2
> goes "gold" is the day we'll start officially dropping support for
XalanJ1.
> But we have less and less time to spend on XalanJ1 as we focus on getting
> XalanJ2 in shape.
>
> -scott
>

>                     Gary L Peskin
>                     <garyp@firste        To:     xalan-dev@xml.apache.org