Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Heidi Buelow <he...@roguewave.com> on 2005/05/20 01:50:34 UTC

STDCXX voting summary

Hi everyone,

It looks like the STDCXX incubator project proposal has been accepted.  Here
is a summary of the votes.

Positive (5): Justin, Leo, Sander (binding), Brian and Brane (non binding)
Neutral (1): Jim (binding)
Negative ()

I will send mailing list and web page details as soon as they are ready.

We also have received messages from a few people in the community who want
to work on the project.  We welcome you all and will soon be ready for
actual coding.  Watch for the first code drop to start.

I want to thank our mentors, Justin Erenkrantz and Ben Laurie, for their
help in getting us this far.

It's officially incubating.

Heidi.

Re: STDCXX voting summary

Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <ju...@erenkrantz.com>.
--On Friday, May 20, 2005 9:58 AM -0700 Cliff Schmidt <cl...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I also didn't vote, but would vote +1.  Maybe I'm too much of a
> stickler for process, but I was waiting for a [VOTE] email to
> follow-up on the "Proposal" thread.  Although I realize it's not
> uncommon for a proposal thread to end up looking a lot like a bunch of
> votes.

The proposals I've seen on list recently (i.e. Harmony) had replies with votes
to the initial proposal.  This is also the way dev@httpd works: people post a
proposal and then people reply with votes to that proposal.  There is usually
no 'Vote' thread (unless for some reason it is *really* contentious which has
probably happened once since I've been there).

I view the explicit 'tally' email as the only real requirement to ensure that
no one has their votes miscounted and that a sufficient quorum exists to
proceed.  IMHO, an explicitly separate 'Vote' thread is overkill and serves no
real purpose.  -- justin

Re: STDCXX voting summary

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Cliff Schmidt wrote:
> I also didn't vote, but would vote +1.  Maybe I'm too much of a
> stickler for process, but I was waiting for a [VOTE] email to
> follow-up on the "Proposal" thread.  Although I realize it's not
> uncommon for a proposal thread to end up looking a lot like a bunch of
> votes.

Keep on Cliff. I too try to urge that people don't
vote inside another thread. It all becomes so confusing.

--David

Re: STDCXX voting summary

Posted by Cliff Schmidt <cl...@gmail.com>.
I also didn't vote, but would vote +1.  Maybe I'm too much of a
stickler for process, but I was waiting for a [VOTE] email to
follow-up on the "Proposal" thread.  Although I realize it's not
uncommon for a proposal thread to end up looking a lot like a bunch of
votes.

Cliff

Re: STDCXX voting summary

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.
I didn't vote either but +1 from me too. Axis/C++ stuff had lots of
portability problems with STL a while back and having our portable impl
would've made a big diff.

Sanjiva.

Re: STDCXX voting summary

Posted by Ben Laurie <be...@algroup.co.uk>.

Re: STDCXX voting summary

Posted by Leo Simons <ma...@leosimons.com>.
On 20-05-2005 01:50, "Heidi Buelow" <he...@roguewave.com> wrote:
> Positive (5): Justin, Leo, Sander (binding), Brian and Brane (non binding)
> Neutral (1): Jim (binding)
> Negative ()

For the record, I didn't vote. A vote is "+1" or "-1" or "+0" or "-0". My
vote would be +0.

Cheers!

- Leo