Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Jeff Genender <jg...@savoirtech.com> on 2007/08/24 16:48:49 UTC

Now that we released...how about 2 more...

Any chance we can release a Jetty/Axis and Tomcat/CXF?  2 more TCK runs?

Jeff

Re: Now that we released...how about 2 more...

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@apache.org>.

Kevan Miller wrote:
> So, to be clear -- I certainly didn't mean to imply that *only* you
> could certify these alternate configurations of Geronimo. If anyone with
> TCK access wants to run these tests, then that's fantastic. I don't plan
> on running them. If I see requests from Geronimo users requesting
> certification of these configurations, then I'd probably run them myself.

Well...nobody asked you to run them.  But, your statement is somewhat
offensive...I guess I don't really get the distinction between requests
from "users" and requests from your co-committers...what are the rest of
us, chopped liver?  Aren't we all users? You certainly are setting the
stage for making me want to help you out when you throw out an idea on
the lists or have an issue that needs looking into
(http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@geronimo.apache.org/msg39121.html).

I'll be sure to use that ideology the next time you need a favor...great
community spirit! ;-)

At any rate, lets let this go...its going down a slippery slope...this
already has gone off topic and contains overtones of personal issues
that are not even related to the discussion (i.e. someone's having a bad
day).

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
On Aug 25, 2007, at 10:47 AM, Jeff Genender wrote:

> Kevan Miller wrote:
>>
>> That would be great. Do you have a login on the test systems that
>> have
>> been used for cert? Or perhaps a better solution is to setup a shared
>> (or temporary use) cts login that could be used...
>>

> Sure...I would be happy to.  Would you like to help me with the
> clustering?

Heh. Well, you can try to convince me... ;-)

So, to be clear -- I certainly didn't mean to imply that *only* you
could certify these alternate configurations of Geronimo. If anyone
with TCK access wants to run these tests, then that's fantastic. I
don't plan on running them. If I see requests from Geronimo users
requesting certification of these configurations, then I'd probably
run them myself.

Also, to be clear on terminology. From my perspective -- we
*released* Geronimo 2.0 (all of it). We *certified* 2 different
assemblies/configurations of Geronimo (the assemblies that we agreed
to in our 2.0 release discussions). We could run certification tests
on additional assemblies of Geronimo. In the meantime, if any
problems are found with alternate configurations of Geronimo, I'm
sure that we'd work aggressively to fix the problems.

--kevan

Re: Now that we released...how about 2 more...

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@apache.org>.

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
On Aug 24, 2007, at 6:53 PM, Jeff Genender wrote:

> Kevan Miller wrote:
>>
>> On Aug 24, 2007, at 10:48 AM, Jeff Genender wrote:
>>
>>> Any chance we can release a Jetty/Axis and Tomcat/CXF?  2 more
>>> TCK runs?
>>
>> Both are "released" -- it's just a matter of configuration. You
>> want 2
>> additional assemblies with these configured by default available for
>> download? Or are you interested in certification tests being run on
>> these alternate configurations?
>
> Well..switching the configuration doesn't necessarily mean
> certified ;-)

Right. And thus my confusion with your wording...

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@apache.org>.

Kevan Miller wrote:

> On Aug 24, 2007, at 10:48 AM, Jeff Genender wrote:
>
>> Any chance we can release a Jetty/Axis and Tomcat/CXF?  2 more TCK runs?
>
> Both are "released" -- it's just a matter of configuration. You want 2
> additional assemblies with these configured by default available for
> download? Or are you interested in certification tests being run on
> these alternate configurations?

Well..switching the configuration doesn't necessarily mean certified ;-)

I am interested in the cert tests begin run on the alternate configurations.

Thanks,

Jeff

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
On Aug 24, 2007, at 10:48 AM, Jeff Genender wrote:

> Any chance we can release a Jetty/Axis and Tomcat/CXF?  2 more TCK
> runs?

Both are "released" -- it's just a matter of configuration. You want
2 additional assemblies with these configured by default available
for download? Or are you interested in certification tests being run
on these alternate configurations?

--kevan

Re: Now that we released...how about 2 more...

Posted by Vamsavardhana Reddy <c1...@gmail.com>.
We should have more TCK runs in winter it looks like :o)  Win-win.

Vamsi

Posted by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org>.