Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Bob <sm...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2015/04/24 04:26:54 UTC

OpenOffice 4.1.1

To whom it may concern,I am at my wits end with the spell check in OO.I can find nothing in the forum about the problem of "the spell check does not work". the only thing I can find is for V 3.4. I repeatedly searched for solutions for the issue in V 4.1.1 and am referred back to the same page in the forum regarding V3.4 issues. The answers there are NOT applicable to my version. I have re-installed the program several times and it seems that NO ONE HAS FIXED IT YET! What do I have to do to make this program work? I write a doc and everything I write is underlined and I must either add every word to the DIC or use Ignore all. There are no suggestions in the spell checker!
Robert Smith

Re: OpenOffice 4.1.1

Posted by Johnny Rosenberg <gu...@gmail.com>.

> Le 24/04/2015 12:57, Martin Groenescheij a écrit :
>
>> Sent from my mobile device.
>>
>>  On 24 Apr 2015, at 8:11 pm, Maurice Howe <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> This complaint is voiced *way* too often.
>>> Couldn't a routine be built-in that could not only "sense" this condition
>>> but repair it, as well?
>>>
>> You're right, but complaining at this mailing list don't solve the issue.
>> The question is, is there a bug report filed and have we all voted?
>>

> Oh please, do we really need a bug report for that?

Well, as far as I know, developers actually read those bug reports. I am
not so sure that many of them are subscribed to this mailing list, maybe
some of them, I don't know.

Re: OpenOffice 4.1.1

Posted by Hagar Delest <ha...@laposte.net>.

Re: OpenOffice 4.1.1

Posted by Martin Groenescheij <ma...@groenescheij.com>.

Sent from my mobile device.

Re: OpenOffice 4.1.1

Posted by Maurice Howe <ma...@gmail.com>.

Re: OpenOffice 4.1.1

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Fri, 24 Apr 2015 02:26:54 +0000 (UTC)
Bob <sm...@yahoo.com.INVALID> wrote:

> To whom it may concern,I am at my wits end with the spell check in OO.I can find nothing in the forum about the problem of "the spell check does not work". the only thing I can find is for V 3.4. I repeatedly searched for solutions for the issue in V 4.1.1 and am referred back to the same page in the forum regarding V3.4 issues. The answers there are NOT applicable to my version. I have re-installed the program several times and it seems that NO ONE HAS FIXED IT YET! What do I have to do to make this program work? I write a doc and everything I write is underlined and I must either add every word to the DIC or use Ignore all. There are no suggestions in the spell checker!
> Robert Smith

Try this method

Click the Start Button on your Desktop and click Documents. This opens a Windows Explorer window. Near the top of the window, there are two boxes. The smaller one on the right is the Search box. The larger one on the left is the Address Bar. Copy %appdata% and paste it in the Address Bar, then press Enter. This opens the Roaming folder where you should see an OpenOffice.org folder. Double-click the OpenOffice.org folder and continue double-clicking folders that appear in the window until you see the user folder. Rename the user folder.

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>