Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Beniamin Mazan <it...@mazan.pl> on 2008/07/07 14:07:02 UTC

Could I use Hibernate as default persistence engine with Geronimo 2.1?

-----
thanks
Beniamin

Re: Could I use Hibernate as default persistence engine with Geronimo 2.1?

Posted by Beniamin Mazan <it...@mazan.pl>.
I reconfigured my persistence.xml, add some deps to openejb-jar.xml and put
all necessary libs to repository and get.... exception like that one
http://forum.hibernate.org/viewtopic.php?p=2310316&
cause of using 1) List to store collection on elements, and 2) eager

So, for the moment, I'll stay with OpenJPA.

-----

Posted by Beniamin Mazan <it...@mazan.pl>.

Jacek Laskowski wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 2:07 PM, Beniamin Mazan <it...@mazan.pl> wrote:
>
> Please copy/paste the subject at the very least so there's anything to
> respond to. Care to negotiate? ;-)
>
> I haven't seen anybody who has tried to change OpenJPA (the default
> JPA engine in Geronimo) to Hibernate as a default JPA provider, but
> Hibernate works fine when specified in provider in persistence.xml.
> The only drawback of specyfing it in the aforementioned file
> is...well...having to specify it explicitly. Not much, but could be
> less of course. I think it'd be a good exercise to find out how much
> effort changing OpenJPA to Hibernate would require. Perhaps not an
> easy task but definitely doable.
>
> Jacek
>
> --
> Jacek Laskowski
> Notatnik Projektanta Java EE - http://www.JacekLaskowski.pl

Thanks Jacek, I'll try to use H in the way you described. I've found too
much cases of strange behaviour of OpenJPA.

-----