Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Dhanush Gopinath <dh...@mahindrabt.com> on 2004/05/14 10:05:38 UTC

Is MimeBodyPart included as a type in AXIS ??? - To Send Attachemtn s

Hi All,

I am trying to send SOAP Message with attachment using Apache Axis Engine.

This is my reference : http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/library/ws-soapatt/?open&l=930,t=grws

I declared my interface, created the wsdl file by Java2WSDL. Now my Webservice method takes a parameter of type SOAPContext, so that i could extract the attachment .. the wsdl file for that is as shown.

 <complexType name="SOAPContext">
    <sequence>
     <element name="baseURI" nillable="true" type="xsd:string"/>
     <element name="bodyPart" nillable="true" type="xsd:anyType" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
     <element name="classLoader" nillable="true" type="xsd:anyType"/>
     <element name="contentType" nillable="true" type="xsd:string"/>
     <element name="count" type="xsd:int"/>
     <element name="propertyNames" nillable="true" type="xsd:anyType"/>
     <element name="rootPart" nillable="true" type="tns3:MimeBodyPart"/>
     <element name="rootPartSet" type="xsd:boolean"/>
     <element name="subType" nillable="true" type="xsd:string"/>
    </sequence>
   </complexType>

I modified the WSDL to include the mime part .. See below....

 <wsdl:input name="putMessageRequest">
       <mime:multipartRelated>
        <mime:part>
         <wsdlsoap:body use="encoded" encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/" namespace="urn:webservices.oexgateway.bt.com" parts="in0" />
               </mime:part>
              <mime:part>
     <mime:content part="in1" type="image/gif"/>
              </mime:part>
     </mime:multipartRelated>
   </wsdl:input>

--------------

Now when i try running the WSDL2JAVA command  I get following exception

java.io.IOException: Type MimeBodyPart is referenced but not defined.
 at org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.SymbolTable.checkForUndefined(SymbolTable.java:522)
 at org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.SymbolTable.add(SymbolTable.java:422)
 at org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.SymbolTable.populate(SymbolTable.java:408)
 at org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.SymbolTable.populate(SymbolTable.java:393)
 at org.apache.axis.wsdl.gen.Parser$WSDLRunnable.run(Parser.java:245)
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)

The org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.SymbolTable.checkForUndefined() method in SymbolTable.java is throwing an Exception because it doesn't recognise the Type MimeBodyPart.(in red above)

Doesn't Axis Support this type ? If not what should be done to include this part as an attachment.

Please help me as I am stuck here for 2 days.

Thanks & Regards
Dhanush

Disclaimer:

is strictly prohibited.