Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by JS...@vinu.edu on 2001/12/13 16:14:25 UTC

Should I use Apache + Tomcat or just Tomcat?

Hi, I have been trying to use webapp_mod to connect Apache to Tomcat 4.0.1
with no luck. I'm running Solaris 8 7/01 on a Sparc station. The Apache
install is the one that came with the Solaris 8 I installed. I plan on
using Servlets for most of my work so I was wondering which route to take.
I could use the AJP1.3 connector to use Apache with Tomcat or just remove
Apache and just use Tomcat. I wasn't sure which option would be the best.
If someone could give me some guidance it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,

Justin A. Stanczak
Web Manager
Shake Learning Resource Center
Vincennes University
(812)888-5813

Re: Should I use Apache + Tomcat or just Tomcat?

Posted by Timothy Fisher <tr...@yahoo.com>.
What will you be using the server for?   Like, what
type of applications will you be running?   How many
people do you anticipate using them?

Tim