Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Aurelien Pernoud <ap...@sopragroup.com> on 2003/02/14 15:25:37 UTC

RE: Request/Response race condition when doing multiple requests on the same connection.

Eric Johnson a écrit :

> Mike,
>

> As for the NPE that Aurélien Pernoud noted, I'm not sure where that is
> coming from.
>
> I might have a chance to look at these problems later today, but if
> someone else out there has time sooner, that would likely be better,
> as there is a good chance I won't get to look at this until Tuesday
> of next week.  Hopefully the above is helpful enough to get someone
> else going in the right direction.
>
> -Eric.

Well, thanks a lot for taking time in it ! I have to finish a few things and
I'll try to reproduce the bug in a test case but as I'm making quite a lot
of things with the stream returned, and there are many threads making
connections, that won't be easy :)

The only thing I can surely say is that using HttpMultiClient I didn't have
trouble with stream, even lauching 4 refresh on browser, each one calling 4
getMethod behind.

Although it might be something I've done (as for the
aConnection.releaseConnection() !!), so I'll try to explain my using of
httpclient.

Aurelien

Re: Request/Response race condition when doing multiple requests on the same connection.

Posted by Michael Becke <be...@u.washington.edu>.
I am not entirely sure what's happening here either.  Though I am unsure
how it seems that more than one thread is using the same connection.

Mike