Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Jochen Kempf <jo...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/09 23:31:29 UTC

Replication not working with many documents (Futon: Replicator)

Hello,

using the Futon Replicator (CouchDB 0.10.0 in both source and target db) I
tried replicating 20 documents from the local source db to an almost empty
remote target db and everything works fine.

Now, when I try the same replication with 1000 documents the replication
process gets stuck (the Replicator's spinner keeps on spinning and
spinning....and simply nothing happens). Not a single document gets
replicated!

Anyone having experienced the same problem and/ or have some ideas how to
fix this?

Bye,
Jochen.

Re: Replication not working with many documents (Futon: Replicator)

Posted by Jochen Kempf <jo...@gmail.com>.
I figured out myself what was wrong.
As I am using Nginx with basic authentication on my remote server I had to
use the authentication credentials (which I didn't in the first trials).
Now it works!