Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> on 2011/03/04 10:56:58 UTC

Jansi version in use on trunk

Hi all,

On Karaf trunk, we have a reference to Jansi 1.5-SNAPSHOT.

It's a little bit surprising as Jansi 1.5 has been released:
http://repo.fusesource.com/nexus/content/groups/public/org/fusesource/jansi/jansi/1.5/

but Jansi 1.6-SNAPSHOT is not there:
http://repo.fusesource.com/nexus/content/groups/public-snapshots/org/fusesource/jansi/jansi/

and the Jansi POM still contain version 1.5-SNAPSHOT (and not 1.6-SNAPSHOT):
git://forge.fusesource.com/jansi.git

Karaf trunk is not compatible with Jansi 1.5 release.

So:
1/ the Jansi source should contain 1.6-SNAPSHOT in place of 1.5-SNAPSHOT
2/ Could Fuse guys upload a Jansi 1.6-SNAPSHOT version ?
3/ we have to update the Karaf trunk POM to use Jansi 1.6-SNAPSHOT

Agree ?

Thanks
Regards
JB

Re: Jansi version in use on trunk

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
Sorry about that guys.  I've pushed the commits/tags that were part of
the 1.5 release and I've deployed the latest 1.6-SNAPSHOT.

Regards,
Hiram

FuseSource
Web: http://fusesource.com/

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet
Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/
------------------------
Open Source SOA
http://fusesource.com

RE: Jansi version in use on trunk

On 03/04/2011 11:12 AM, Łukasz Dywicki wrote:
> Hi,
> I introduced the version 1.5-SNAPSHOT of jansi to have Ansi(Ansi)
> constructor. Basically the snapshot is available, but to get it I had to
> remove metadata cache from
m2_repo/org/fusesource/jansi/jansi/1.5-SNAPSHOT.

> This snapshot is timestamped and it it available. I tested this on my
local
> environment without snapshot in repo.
>
> Best regards,
> Lukasz

>>> Regards

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
> Hi Lujasz,
>
> unfortunately
> http://repo.fusesource.com/nexus/content/groups/public-snapshots/org/fusesource/jansi/jansi/1.5-SNAPSHOT/

I kicked the jansi deploy build earlier today, and I can see the jars
few hours before.
Not sure if there is any clean up process removed the artifacts.

--
Willem
----------------------------------

Re: Jansi version in use on trunk

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Lujasz,

unfortunately
http://repo.fusesource.com/nexus/content/groups/public-snapshots/org/fusesource/jansi/jansi/1.5-SNAPSHOT/

doesn't contain any jar files.

The problem is there :)

Regards
JB

On 03/04/2011 11:12 AM, Łukasz Dywicki wrote:
> Hi,
> I introduced the version 1.5-SNAPSHOT of jansi to have Ansi(Ansi)
> constructor. Basically the snapshot is available, but to get it I had to
> remove metadata cache from m2_repo/org/fusesource/jansi/jansi/1.5-SNAPSHOT.
>
> This snapshot is timestamped and it it available. I tested this on my local
> environment without snapshot in repo.
>
> Best regards,
> Lukasz

>>> Regards

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
But that's something you added in fork:
  https://github.com/splatch/jansi/commit/0c9b3fc28cbc9447dc667b602473fb986b1cb676
deploying a snapshot won't help and as it has been explained, jansi
1.5 has been released (though the commits are missing in github).

I've committed a revert to jansi 1.5 and commented the two lines that
were using that constructor for now until we have a proper way to
solve the problem.
Is the use of this constructor mandatory ? Any other workaround ?

2011/3/4 Łukasz Dywicki <lu...@code-house.org>:
> Hi,
> I introduced the version 1.5-SNAPSHOT of jansi to have Ansi(Ansi)
> constructor. Basically the snapshot is available, but to get it I had to
> remove metadata cache from m2_repo/org/fusesource/jansi/jansi/1.5-SNAPSHOT.
>
> This snapshot is timestamped and it it available. I tested this on my local
> environment without snapshot in repo.
>
> Best regards,
> Lukasz

>>> Regards

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Lukasz made some changes into Karaf trunk which doesn't seems to be
Jansi 1.5 compliant:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:2.0.2:compile
(default-compile) on project org.apache.karaf.shell.console: Compilation
failure: Compilation failure:
[ERROR]
/home/onofreje/workspace/karaf/shell/console/src/main/java/org/apache/karaf/shell/console/table/Style.java:[144,15]
cannot find symbol
[ERROR] symbol  : constructor Ansi(org.fusesource.jansi.Ansi)
[ERROR] location: class org.fusesource.jansi.Ansi
[ERROR]
[ERROR]
/home/onofreje/workspace/karaf/shell/console/src/main/java/org/apache/karaf/shell/console/table/Style.java:[157,54]

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet