Posted to dev@manifoldcf.apache.org by Erlend Garåsen <e....@usit.uio.no> on 2012/06/28 11:52:22 UTC

Re: Exporting crawler configuration easier?

Maybe we should add an argument to the
  "org.apache.manifoldcf.crawler.ExportConfiguration" command class for
skipping passwords in the export file?

For example:
executecommand.sh ...ExportConfiguration export_file.zip nopass

I'm looking at the source code right now. Today we are just creating an
XML of the complete map returned by the method getConfigParams().

I suggest that we create a new method solely for the exports:
getConfigParamsWithoutPassword();

I hoped that I could test my changes locally by using the quick example
(Jetty), but it seems that I need to run a multiprocess setup.

If my approach seems reasonable, I can work on this issue. Since I'm
going to Shanghai tomorrow, I'm afraid that I have to finish my
contribution when I'm back.

Erlend

--
Erlend Garåsen