Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Jim Peterson <ji...@issinc.com> on 2006/05/26 00:30:41 UTC

OMSourcedElementImpl error when using an OMDataSource

PROBLEM:

I used Axis2's OMSourcedElementTest.java as an example of how to use a
custom OMDataSource.  In this case you construct an OMSourcedElementImpl
class and give it your custom OMDataSource.  When the service implementation
class the constructed OMSourcedElementImpl and Axiom streams it out, the
OMSerializerUtil class makes a call to
OMSourcedElementImpl.getXMLStreamReaderWithoutCaching(), which returns an
XMLStreamReader WITH caching.  This sends the code down an execution path
that fails to stream the OMSourcedElementImpl because it looks for OMElement
objects that aren't there.

CORRECTION:

I eliminated the OMSourcedElementImpl.getXMLStreamReaderWithoutCaching()
method.  This caused the superclass
OMElementImpl.getXMLStreamReaderWithoutCaching() method to be executed,
which properly returns the an XMLStreamReader without caching and allows the
OMSourcedElementImpl to be serialized correctly.  Recommend this code
correction be included in the next Axiom release.

Please let me know if this code change will be included or if some other
correction is made.

Thanks,

Jim

Re: OMSourcedElementImpl error when using an OMDataSource

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
*PLEASE* log this as a bug in JIRA:
http://issues.apache.org/jira/

under "WS-Commons  (WSCOMMONS)"